23 July, 2008

A funny from my old group

Many of you may of heard about a project that a professor created in 1995 called Flat Stanley. The project was created to improve literacy and develop community and has been a great success. Anyway you can read all about it as it is becoming a sad story for the professor. Well my former colleagues at KBR developed Flat Stan. To me it was a real honor first because I knew nothing about the Flat Stanley project, I just thought they missed me, and also becuase it was just a neat idea. Well I shared the email with Diane and she got a kick out of it and I told her I should share it with you. So here it is, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Out to Jax Grill – Flat Stan accompanies some team members for an offsite lunch at Jax Grill.
While enjoying the adventurous drive with Barbara,
Flat Stan questions…Where are her shoes? Of course, we made it there safely. While eating our lunch, Flat Stan was in the middle of every conversation, tried grab Ed’s buffalo burger, tried to get some of Barbara’s salsa,
and eventually just kept his eyes on the crowd. Watching the team leave the table, Flat Stan wanted to yell, but was relieved when Lance quickly returned and saved Flat Stan from dish duty. Upon returning to KBR, Flat Stan stayed out of view of Security, as he has no employee badge for site entry. Barbara kindly dropped everyone off at the building so Flat Stan did not get too hot from a long walk.

Until next time…….

No comments: